Thursday, November 17, 2011

Beauty I

I never had a concept of Beauty
it's hard to define
I thought for a time,
its essence was only mine.
But a lot has changed,
since that fateful day,
a witch changed my looks,
it then changed my ways.

Through a broken mirror,
I try to think,
about the past, the present
and what should have been
The mistakes I've made,
the unwise decisions
I remember them all,
through Reflection. 

From the best, to the Beast,
I am now wanted least,
hidden down in the crypt
where my secrets are buried deep.

And then came a maiden,
she wandered in the woods,
her smile shines in the dark,
her voice was just as good
as chirps in the morning spring
I felt a different ring,
with my heart fast beating,
I found my self staring. 

But the beast in me was defying
while on the edge I kept fighting
to succumb not to the urge of falling,
to that fucking
awesome feeling.

Belle. Her name.
More than beautiful than Notre Dame's,
she was not in a tower high,
but within my reach and gaze
She need not ring to call attention
Just her eyes, merits my affection
Though not a jewel decorated her,
not a gem can compete with her.

I'm luckier than Quasi,
and all his gargoyle friends,
all they have
is a fake bell to defend.
But at least they can all it their own,
one they can touch and hold
one they can truly care
all I can do is stare.

No comments: